Monday, May 14, 2018

Poetry from Anonymous

Relationships


Growing up we’re told love is this and love is that,
In order to be happy this is what we need.
So here I am wondering why I wasn’t good enough,
What did I say to get them so mad?
They yell and I cry.
Three simple words are said by them in order to stop the yelling but I am still hurt.
I keep my thoughts to myself because I know if I try to speak

They’ll think I’m nagging but that’s not what I mean.

What is a relationship if there is no communication?
What does it mean to be with someone if there is no loyalty?

You see, day in and day out I wonder for long hours if this is what the fairy tales meant by finding and being in love.
But love isn’t a restless night spent in your bed muffling your cries, praying your mom doesn’t walk in because then you’ll be forced to tell her.

We’ve grown to believe in our age that without the physical and emotional connection with someone then we are alone
But I rather be alone and love myself then suffer in this day in age type of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment