Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Short Story by Estefania Gongzalez-Truillo, Senior

The Love Deal

By Estefania Gonzalez-Trujillo



Let me tell you a little story, the tremendous love story of Stella Locason. Now, this isn’t just your typical Cinderella fairytale. I mean yes both of them did indeed lose their parents, but other than that simple fact , they were nothing alike.You see, unlike Cinderella, Stella wasn’t shy nor timid. On the contrary, she was fierce and strong. Her snarky attitude and loud sarcasm scared most people away...Well at least it scared her step mom away…..and a few other guys who were interested in her as well. Scaring people away was Stellas forte. She was a very secluded person that had built really high walls all around her heart. I  mean who could blame her; she slowly lost her parents and her ex boyfriend cheated and took advantage of her money. Ever since these depressing events, no one has been able to break her walls down. I mean her best friend Anna tore part of it, but there is honestly a great part of it still standing. That’s until she met her so called Prince Charming, Sebastian Knight. He had no castle, but he had various companies all over the world. Sebastian, or as Stella called him, “ arrogant bastard”, was the true definition of a player. He wasn’t the type of guy who did relationships. According to him, running his company will always be his top priority. He had no time for commitment. That of course all changed when he bumped into Stella and spilled his extremely hot coffee on her And no , the cliche “Oh , I’m sorry about that, I owe you a shirt” and “I owe you a coffee” thing didn’t happen. Like I said, this wasn’t your typical fairytale. This was real life.


“Ouch,” I repetitively said, trying to shake the coffee of my perfectly white blouse.


I glance up to him and wait for an apology, but it never came. Instead he hits me with the, “Watch were you are going” and annoyingly walks away.  Oh no, if he thinks he’s getting off the hook he is quite a funny man! I had just gotten to work on time and because of him I was now fifteen minutes late, practically fired!


I ran to him  to try and give him a piece of mind, but I think he saw me following because before I got the chance to stop him he turned around and said, “ Look Miss, I don’t know who you  are nor I remember hooking up with you. I’m running late to my meeting so if you could stop following me that would be great.”


No no , this man did not just go there. My face fumed into a deep pinkish color, “ Take a look here you arrogant bastard, first of all , I am way too smart to hook up with man like you, and second of all I’m waiting for you to give me an apology along with some money to pay for a doctor's visit for this second degree coffee burn that you just gave me.” By the looks of his face he seemed shocked and slightly a bit angry , but that didn’t stop me from lashing out at him .


Before I made my way to my office,  I got closer to him and said, “And honestly, I really don’t care if you are late or not. You made me late , so practically you just made me lose my job.”


After being nearly an hour late, Stella did indeed get fired. This was her 12th tardy of the month, and her boss had warned her that if she came tardy again she would be gone.


Stella begged and begged her boss for another opportunity, but he didn’t budge. He knew she was an amazing designer but frankly he didn’t care about that. His boss had high expectations of his workers and being tardy nearly everyday was going to ruin that. Very sad and somewhat angry , Stella packed her things and made her way out.  She was set on finding the man who caused this for her. The princess wanted revenge..


I was walking out of what used to be my office when suddenly I knock into someone, causing the box my belongings to fall off into the floor.


“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I whisper-yell, as I kneel down to pick up my things. The stranger kneels down to help me out.


“We need to stop meeting this way love,”  a deep voice that I recognize says.


“Well maybe, if you would watch where you are walking through we wouldn’t be going through this,”I frustratedly say.


“It’s actually pretty good that we are going through this,” he says. “It would allow me to properly apologize for my behavior.”


“Okay, go ahead,” I fakely smile to him.


“I’m sorry for the  unexpected turn of events that occured this morning, in return  I would like to offer you a job. Work for me.” he smiles. My smile instantly turned into a scowl, “ Your are out of your mind. I will not be doing anything for you at all.”


“Look, just hear me out. My name is Sebastian Knight of Knight Enterprises. My dad won’t turn over the rest of the company shares to me until I get married.”


“And what does that have to do with me,” I say.


“ Well, I’m no the type of guy who has time for relationships but I kind of told my dad that I was dating a someone and that someone is you. So for the next few months , you are going to be my fake fiancĂ© and as soon as we hit a year you will be my wife.”


I burst into laughter, “ What makes you think I would agree to that?”


“Oh, c’mon! Any girl would die to be in your place,” he cockily stated.


“Well I’m not just any girl,” I say. “So no thank you.”


“I’ll pay you three times whatever your old boss payed you,” Well damn, no one could really pass an offer like that. I mean how hard could it be?


“Do we have a deal?” he says, as he extends his hand.


“Deal,” I say, as look down and shake his hand.


You see, at this moment, Stella started to feel that she had just signed her life to the Devil, but it was nothing like that . In reality, she had really just committed to the love of her life. Stella had finally found her prince.


They began the acting immediately the day after the deal. The whole thing was rocky at first, but after about four months it no longer seemed like it was act.


He kissed me. Sebastian just kissed me. My white pale face was probably now as pink as a rose, but not for long.. As soon as I processed what had happened I angrily looked up to him.


“You can’t keep doing this,” I blurt.


“Doing what?” he questions.


“You can’t keep kissing me whenever you feel like. You can’t just keep leading me on like this,”  I shout.


“What if I wasn’t leading you on?  What if I told you that everything I’ve been doing has been real,” he softly states.  As soon as these words came out of his mouth my heart started doing crazy leaps.


“What if I told you I couldn’t stay away from you. That every time I see you all I want to do is hug you and kiss you . I really like you Stella and I don’t think I can keep hiding it anymore,” he says as he leans in for a kiss.


“I really like you too Sebastian,” I say as I return his kiss.


Sebastian and Stella had completely fallen in love with each other without realizing it. I mean , it would be hard not to when you wake and sleep with the same guy for nearly everyday.


It wasn’t until they hit their 6th month when they realized they couldn’t be without each other.  Stella had encountered a terrible accident, she was left in coma for nearly two months. Sebastian spent his days and nights  in the hospital waiting for her to wake up. On some days he would cry his love to her at night and would beg her to wake up, but nothing would happen.  


On the night of January 13th , the doctors had told him that it was best to just say goodbye. Sebastian was against at first, he didn’t want to let her go but his parents convinced him it was for the best. At around 11:30 pm he spent his time there crying his love to her one last time and at exactly 12:00 am he kissed her goodbye.


“True loves kiss, it works all the time,” I weakly say, as wake up blinded to bright white lights.  The moment I spoke out Sebastian turned back around and broke down on his knees crying. After a few seconds he then rushes to hug me. I could feel his wet tears on my cheeks.  


“I love you too,”  I smile to him, with a few tears running down my face.


“You heard me,” he cries out.


“Every single thing,” I say.


“Promise me you’ll never scare me like that again,” he sadly says.


“I promise,” I smile, and leaned in to hug him.


Cliche right? Well anyways, as you can already assume, they did indeed have a wedding. They interchanged their vows and traveled to the city of love for their honeymoon.


Sebastian, you are the best thing that has happened to me throughout my entire life. I love you so much. I can’t wait what the future brings for us,” I say to him.  
He smiles down to me and says, “You deserve the world and much more my princess. Stick with me and I’ll give it to you all.”


“Deal.” I replied, as I lean in to kiss him.


From here on, they lived happily ever after with a beautiful baby boy, Nathan Knight. This baby grew out to be crazier than his father. One night stands nearly everyday of the week with news that he had aa baby on board?! ...Hold up, let me not say too much. This  is a story of another time.


The End.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment